If a client requires us to do so, Exclusive Web Limited will host the website on receipt of full payment of our hosting fees.
Exclusive Web Limited will provide professional and reliable service to the client at all times, excluding unavoidable technical failures.
Additional website space, emails or other elements of the hosting can be agreed under a separate contract.
Exclusive Web Limited’s hosting is annually renewable. The date of renewal is 12 calendar months after the date on which the hosting was activated.
Exclusive Web Limited will contact the client at least 3 weeks before the hosting renewal date.
Exclusive Web Limited may refuse to renew a hosting service without giving a reason. The client will be notified at least 3 weeks before expiry date.
The client can chose to extend their hosting contract with Exclusive Web Limited or to move their website to another provider. Transfer procedure is not included in the hosting fee.
If a client choses to extend their hosting contract with Exclusive Web Limited, the hosting renewal charge must be received within 10 days of the hosting expiry date.
Exclusive Web Limited reserves the right to deactivate any website, when the hosting has expired and the client has not paid the renewal charge on time.
Exclusive Web Limited reserves the right to charge an admin fee of £100 for reactivating the website/hosting. Reactivation is possible only within 1 month from expiry date.
After 1 month from expiration date the hosting account is permanently removed.
Cancellation and refund
Exclusive Web Limited will accept a request to cancel a new web hosting account and give a full refund to a customer who requests such refund and cancellation within 14 days of ordering. Renewal payments are not refundable. Domain name registrations cannot be cancelled and are not refundable.
Third party servers
If the client does not want to use Exclusive Web Limited hosting services, then the client is fully responsible for the management and hosting of the domain name.
If the client does not wish to renew the hosting – the site files and data can be made available to the client free of charge on request. The domain name can be transferred to the client’s registrar account (additional fees may apply).
If a client asks Exclusive Web Limited to upload the website to a third party server and configure the account, this work will be subject to additional charge.
Hosting and SEO
When Exclusive Web Limited is tasked with updating, changing, designing and hosting a client’s website, there could be a change in the website’s search engine ranking.
Exclusive Web Limited do not take any responsibility for a client’s website rank on search engines. This also includes any potential website downtime that can occur.
Exclusive Web Limited does not allow storage and/or display of the following material on its servers. This includes uploading to web sites, or transmitting by any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise).
- Adult Sites: We prohibit any adult (pornographic) web-sites on our servers, including paedophile sites, sites linking to pornographic sites (outside links) and pornographic advertisements on your own site.
- Illegal use: Exclusive Web Limited services may not be used for illegal purposes, or in support of illegal activities.
- Copyright or trademark infringement: Use of the Exclusive Web Limited service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting, hot linking, directly linking or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.
- Distribution of Viruses, Spyware, and Malware: Distributions of software that attempts to and/or causes damage, harassment, or annoyance to persons, data, and/or computer systems are prohibited. Distribution of software that monitors computer or computer user activity without the computer user’s knowledge and consent is prohibited.
Spamming (sending unsolicited commercial or bulk emails) using our servers is strictly not allowed. DO NOT SEND SPAM EMAIL FROM OUR SERVERS.
Sending spam emails which include links to a web site hosted on one of our servers is also forbidden. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate any site that is linked to from spam emails.
To protect our servers we may impose limits on the number of emails sent within a particular time frame from our servers.
Usenet Spamming: We have a zero tolerance policy for the use of our network for the posting of messages or commercial advertisements, which violate the rules, regulations, FAQ or charter of any newsgroups or mailing list. Commercial messages that are appropriate under the rules of a newsgroup or mailing list or that are solicited by the recipients are permitted.
We want to allow our customers to use our servers the best way, but in order to protect other users, we may, temporarily or not, suspend a shared hosting site if this site slows down our servers or uses too much server resource. In this case, we will try to find a solution together with the customer.
You may not use your site to publish material, which Exclusive Web Limited determines, at its sole discretion, to be unlawful, indecent or objectionable. For purposes of this policy, “material” refers to all forms of communications including narrative descriptions, graphics (including photographs, illustrations, images, drawings, logos), executable programs, video recordings, and audio recordings.
You must take reasonable steps to protect the security of our servers. This includes, but is not limited to:
- keeping all passwords to Exclusive Web Limited systems secure. You must not reveal your passwords to third parties.
- ensuring that any scripts that are installed on your site cannot be exploited to compromise the security or the server.
The following constitute violations of Exclusive Web Limited terms and conditions:
- Illegal use: Exclusive Web Limited services may not be used for illegal purposes, or in support of illegal activities. Exclusive Web Limited reserves the right to cooperate with legal authorities and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any suspected crime or civil wrongdoing.
- Harm to minors: Use of the Exclusive Web Limited service to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way, including, but not limited to child pornography.
- Threats: Use of the Exclusive Web Limited service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
- Harassment: Use of the Exclusive Web Limited service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that harasses another.
- Fraudulent activity: Use of the Exclusive Web Limited service to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services, or to advance any type of financial scam such as “pyramid schemes,” “ponzi schemes,” “hyip schemes,” and “chain letters.”
- Forgery or impersonation: Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited.
- Unsolicited commercial e-mail / Unsolicited bulk e-mail (SPAM): Use of the Exclusive Web Limited service to transmit any unsolicited commercial or unsolicited bulk e-mail is expressly prohibited. Violations of this type will result in the immediate termination of the offending Exclusive Web Limited account.
- Unauthorized access: Use of the Exclusive Web Limited service to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of Exclusive Web Limited’s or another entity’s computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data, is expressly prohibited and the offending account is subject to immediate termination.
- Fraudulent links: Use of fraudulent referrers to a site hosted on our servers is forbidden. This includes, but is not limited to, blog ping backs. Inappropriate (e.g. off-topic or automated) postings to forums, or other services containing links to a site hosted on our servers is forbidden.
- Servers and Proxies: Use of server software or scripts which creates a listening socket on our server is forbidden. Proxies which receive requests over HTTP and use our network connection to forward the request to another server are not permitted. This includes, but is not limited to, HTTP proxies.
- File Sharing and Bit Torrents: Use of software and scripts for “file sharing”, “bit torrents” or similar is not allowed on our servers. This includes sending or receiving files using these mechanisms.
You are responsible for ensuring that any scripts that you install do not compromise the security of our servers. This includes, but is not limited to:
- ensuring that it is not possible to abuse such scripts to gain access to the file system of the server.
- ensuring that it is not possible to abuse such scripts to send emails to third parties.
- ensuring that you update any installed scripts with the latest releases, which often contain security fixes.
If a script installed on your site is compromised, we may require a clean-up of your site.
Where we provide an automatic script installer we may update installed scripts to the latest releases.
We might have, from time to time, to perform maintenance, upgrades or replacements to our servers. We reserve the right to suspend access to such server during the required time to do the maintenance, upgrade or exchange the server, for no more than 4 hours.
Exclusive Web Limited will not be responsible for any damages your business may suffer. Exclusive Web Limited makes no warranties of any kind, expressed or implied for services we provide. This includes loss of data resulting from delays, non-deliveries, wrong delivery, and any and all service interruptions caused by Exclusive Web Limited, its employees, suppliers, customers or any third party.
You, as an Exclusive Web Limited customer, are solely responsible for the content stored on and served by your web site.
You are solely responsible for maintaining adequate backups of your content.
We may provide a backup service for your site, however, we do not accept responsibility for any failure of our backup mechanism. We may restore your site from backup but additional fees may apply.
If we suspect that activities performed by you or a third party on your hosting account, whether deliberate or not, may compromise the security of our server or any other server or computer, we may require a clean up to be performed.
A simple clean up will be provided free of charge, resulting in total loss of existing data on your hosting account. You should then restore the site from your backups. Depending on the severity, we may agree to perform a complex clean up (targeting only compromised files), for which we will charge at our standard hourly rate.
Exclusive Web Limited provides technical support to our customers via e-mail or telephone. Exclusive Web Limited does not offer technical support for application specific issues such as PHP or cgi programming, html, script installation or any other such issue.
You may purchase additional technical support for issues which are not covered by our normal support. Our standard technical support rate is £50 per hour, paid in advance. For a cost estimate for additional support please contact us. If you purchase additional technical support and our estimate is too low we will stop work and advise you as soon as possible and provide you with a new estimate. If our estimate is too high, we will refund any extra amount paid by you.